Staker Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Airdrop 21 Valid Participant List
https://forum.staker.network/index.php/topic,965.0.html

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Where is Bitcointalk.org heading with all these anti-user changes lately?  (Read 498 times)

Kamalsharma101

• View Profile
Re: Where is Bitcointalk.org heading with all these anti-user changes lately?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2018, 07:39:17 AM »

Many would agree this step of bitcointalk was like "throwing the baby out with the wash water,"  meaning removing very important while cleaning the dust or not-needed stuff.   On the one hand, this was good because many were just making multiple accounts and posting craps for various bounties and airdrops, but there were some (although not many) not high-rank members (just Jr. or Member) posting really good stuff and one can easily assume they only have one or at most two accounts.  Well this step will remove the crap coming out of mainly the Newbies or Jr. Members, but may also mean less and lesser members now joining the bitcointalk and so less and lesser traffic it gives also.  At some point, I think bitcointalk is going to relax something or will do something for New Members or Jr. at least

awoben

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2018, 09:38:09 PM »

What was done on BCT was a welcome move.  Though not so pleasing to some extent, buy truth be told we have a lot of accounts with spam messages,  people create multiple accounts and sell off once it gets to Jr.  member.  This make it hard for such people that indulge in such.  This will make people to concentrate on single account.
That been said, a drastic solution should be provided on how to get merits for people to rank up.

mcabrito

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2018, 05:43:14 AM »

We have different thoughts and opinions in what happening in bitcoin now and their recent rules update. But for me I think even though it will lessen the spammers it will also make richer more richer specially those who are selling merits

Quasimodo

• Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2018, 08:11:52 AM »

I agree with the two main points in this thread.

1.) It looks like they are moving towards some sort of paid subscription model to generate money.  What they don't realize is they got big doing things how they did.  So, for them to think they can make this big change and not lose thousands of members to another forum is clouded thinking.  It seems only a matter of time before they are knocked off the top of the hill.

2.) They definitely had a major spam problem.  How they dealt with it however was draconian at best and dictatorial at worst.  Not a good way to run a business.
I also agree with you on this issue. Bitcointalk is revolutionizing spam accounts.

mryoso1994

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2018, 01:22:04 AM »

1.) It looks like they are moving towards some sort of paid subscription model to generate money.  What they don't realize is they got big doing things how they did.  So, for them to think they can make this big change and not lose thousands of members to another forum is clouded thinking.  It seems only a matter of time before they are knocked off the top of the hill.

2.) They definitely had a major spam problem.  How they dealt with it however was draconian at best and dictatorial at worst.  Not a good way to run a business.
I also agree with you on this issue. Bitcointalk is revolutionizing spam accounts.
Bitcointalk did that. so no more spammers. they need a quality post

cammie16

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2018, 12:34:24 PM »

Bitcointalk did that. so no more spammers. they need a quality post

I think even if bitcointalk did it, they can't still avoid spammers making spam posts in the forum, but I do agree that it lessen farm accounts that joins bounties there.

alyssajane1982

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2018, 11:01:25 PM »

Bitcointalk is doing better now most specially to those bounty hunters who made proof of post. They banned for 7 days or banned permanently those airdrop participants.

haidangtp

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2018, 03:14:16 AM »

I think many high level accounts still have spam in signature campaign. But their comments are less noticeable. That is not fair.
STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [

shinn1806

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2018, 11:23:48 PM »

I think many high level accounts still have spam in signature campaign. But their comments are less noticeable. That is not fair.

Yeah because bitcointalk is only focusing on new accounts and that is the reason why high level accounts ignored their spamming posts.

awoben

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2018, 12:26:48 PM »

From my point if view, BCT did a wonderful job with the new development, though it's not pleasant and some innocent people will fall victim.
 Have heard of people making several accounts and selling it off, the has turned the main objective of the forum to something else.
My only concern now it the merit issues, I believe a solution should be provided for people to earn merits.

phucdigan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2018, 02:41:13 PM »

In my opinion, to thoroughly solve the problem of spam, multiple accounts and the hassles around Merit ... perhaps next the BCT will issue the required KYC rules for the account.
KYC is probably the only solution, but at the same time a somewhat subtle issue and goes against Shatoshi's original wishes when giving birth to the BCT because it is a crypto forum - where anonymity and freedom is considered important.

cammie16

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2018, 03:52:44 PM »

I think kyc is impossible to implement because like what you have said it against the original feature of bitcoin. Anyway, I think there will be new rules to come in the near future.

mcabrito

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2018, 09:59:02 PM »

I am not sure but I think there are still no big changes happened in bitcointalk now. Though it lesses the creations multiple accounts.

yumei88

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2018, 10:32:59 PM »

Bitcointalk is heading for a more organized and strict forum. They are active banning people now and this is good as it will lessen the creations of spam posts.

papo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2018, 09:35:53 AM »

I think the main thing here is monopoly. bitcointalk wants to make their power felt by people involved in crypto. Because most crypto are on it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4