Staker Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Gas for Mining  (Read 1481 times)

glossgirl

• Life is life
    • View Profile
Re: Gas for Mining
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2018, 07:15:18 PM »

With metamask you can adjust gwei if the transaction is pending. It's really easy, just click and wait
and it will be ok. You pay only one time

javerzky

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2018, 08:59:03 AM »

i have a problem regarding to the minting of our coin, i dont know how to calculate the safe gas for it even i have funds in my wallet and i know its good for the minting but in some reason it failed. maybe i need more eth for the gas to mint.

did someone know how to compute the correct  eth needed for the gas and the coin to be mint??

:-\  ???

ubiqland

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2018, 09:01:02 AM »

i have a problem regarding to the minting of our coin, i dont know how to calculate the safe gas for it even i have funds in my wallet and i know its good for the minting but in some reason it failed. maybe i need more eth for the gas to mint.

did someone know how to compute the correct  eth needed for the gas and the coin to be mint??

https://ethgasstation.info
https://ethgasstation.info

alihassanbhatti1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2018, 11:57:15 AM »

Thanks for the information:.. i think this is far better than staking on your pc :)

clipman77

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2018, 01:40:42 PM »

Put on one unit more than indicated on this site -  https://ethgasstation.info/ and everything will be fine, he has already done steak several times and everything went fine.

NinjaSword

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2018, 02:34:04 AM »

One of the reasons for choosing STR was to learn how to work with gas and Smart Contracts, projects like this justify the existence of ETH. ;)

ryshelrayne

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2018, 09:58:02 PM »

i tried to do some research and look at the website but i don't really understand what the words are, i dont know what's the difference between gas, gas limit and gwei.

jekjek0422

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2018, 10:08:06 PM »

As we mine str gas needed to do the mining. Always check the gas fee from this site  https://ethgasstation.info/ to be always updated what the safe gwei to use in monting.
Happy mining!!

thanks for the heads up!Im always checking the gas price to that site before i make a transaction and minting STR Token

Raizou

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2018, 10:36:36 PM »

I did a mining test last week and I believe the GAS 200000 works great, it's something standard for PoS on ETH SmartContracts.
Previously I had used the GAS suggested by the network, but it gave error.
The 200k GAS will hardly fail.

ubiqland

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2018, 11:19:41 AM »

It's a big difference
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

uno

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2018, 02:31:26 PM »

I used metamask and it worked.Mine only when gas price is low.The max I spent on gas is less 4 cents .Not bad compared to the coins you get from mining

matej451

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2018, 06:34:23 PM »

I ususally start with Gas Limit 100.000 and Gas Price (GWEI) 3. If transaction get stuck for more than an our i put up to 5 but not more. Sooner or later transaction must go thru.

ubiqland

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2018, 10:16:27 PM »

I ususally start with Gas Limit 100.000 and Gas Price (GWEI) 3. If transaction get stuck for more than an our i put up to 5 but not more. Sooner or later transaction must go thru.
For me after 5 days a 2 gwei tx is pending... :-\
Tomorrow I put 4gwei

awoben

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2018, 08:46:54 AM »

I think increasing your gas is better, since most won't be used for the transaction, if you use a small gas and the transaction failed you end up loosing some ETH.

stock999

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2018, 10:31:16 PM »

i tried to do some research and look at the website but i don't really understand what the words are, i dont know what's the difference between gas, gas limit and gwei.
1 gwei = 0.000 000 001 ETH
gas limit -how many units of gas requires for a smart contract execution.  Usually i use the value that MEW calculates automatically. Better don't touch it, leave as is, at least don't reduce.  In MEW it is lower than recommended on any another site, so you can save some expenses.
gas price - the cost of 1 gas unit, in gwei. You can adjust it as you want, use ethgasstation.info as a guide, put 1 gwei more than the STD price (at least 0.1-0.2 gwei more if you use metamask)
 Finally the maximum cost of transaction will be, ETH : gas limit X gas price X 0.000 000 001
Compare it with an estimated profit, i.e. current STR price X QTY of STR you are going to minting(use the calculator) and decide is it ok or not yet.
Good luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5