Staker Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Gas for Mining  (Read 1482 times)

Raizou

Re: Gas for Mining
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2018, 11:24:19 PM »

Still I do not own enough Staker amount to justify mining!
This oscillation in GAS is one of the reasons why it sometimes takes the cost to get some de-motivating STR in relation to buying in the exchange!
But in the future this will be different and I will have to follow the variations almost always possible.

ubiqland

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2018, 08:30:26 AM »

i tried to do some research and look at the website but i don't really understand what the words are, i dont know what's the difference between gas, gas limit and gwei.
1 gwei = 0.000 000 001 ETH
gas limit -how many units of gas requires for a smart contract execution.  Usually i use the value that MEW calculates automatically. Better don't touch it, leave as is, at least don't reduce.  In MEW it is lower than recommended on any another site, so you can save some expenses.
gas price - the cost of 1 gas unit, in gwei. You can adjust it as you want, use ethgasstation.info as a guide, put 1 gwei more than the STD price (at least 0.1-0.2 gwei more if you use metamask)
 Finally the maximum cost of transaction will be, ETH : gas limit X gas price X 0.000 000 001
Compare it with an estimated profit, i.e. current STR price X QTY of STR you are going to minting(use the calculator) and decide is it ok or not yet.
Good luck.
Very good explanation...thx

onlinejalsa

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2018, 10:59:51 AM »

Not sure whats the min we can spend to mine, last two times i tried mining paid around    0.002558851 ETH, received around 4 STR, coins are matured only 10 days so i may received less, now its 50 days i want to mine what the Min about i can pay for transaction even if it take 2 days to process
STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [

RuJuliette

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2018, 11:09:12 AM »

Not sure whats the min we can spend to mine, last two times i tried mining paid around    0.002558851 ETH, received around 4 STR, coins are matured only 10 days so i may received less, now its 50 days i want to mine what the Min about i can pay for transaction even if it take 2 days to process

Next time better look in the Staker calculator before to find out if they are enough tokens to stake!

Kamalsharma101

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2018, 02:09:28 PM »

Do we need to manually mint or we get mint rewards from the contract automatically?  Sorry, I have little information here.

RuJuliette

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2018, 02:12:07 PM »

Do we need to manually mint or we get mint rewards from the contract automatically?  Sorry, I have little information here.

We need to mint manually, look here very good manual: https://forum.staker.network/index.php/topic,28.0.html

stock999

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2018, 12:14:47 AM »

It would be better do not create such transaction, wait a few hours(or even days) until a gas price in ETH network will become more comfortable for you.
Because these 2 days (or other time) that shows Etherscan or Ethergasstation is just an estimated time for network's conditions currently. If till tomorrow the gas price will go up, the time will go up too and your tx may take much longer.

phucdigan

• Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2018, 02:01:04 PM »

Set gas price is 1 and gas limit is 250,000. You may have to wait 1 day for the transaction to be confirmed, but that will save your ETH with time.
Of course, if at peak times gas prices rise by miners and the transaction confirmation is required to take too long, your Tx will lose, okay, just do it again. haha

eadefemi

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2018, 02:12:12 AM »

As we mine str gas needed to do the mining. Always check the gas fee from this site  https://ethgasstation.info/ to be always updated what the safe gwei to use in monting.
Happy mining!!

And the present gwei right now is just preventing me from mining....  :-\ :-\ :-\

nozion

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2018, 03:48:50 AM »

I you don't plan on having any other activity in your wallet you can also create a mint() transaction with a really low gwei and just let it hover around for a couple of weeks :) Your minted STR will depend on the transaction time of the mined block, so waiting does not hurt.

onlinejalsa

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2018, 08:44:41 AM »

Next time better look in the Staker calculator before to find out if they are enough tokens to stake!

i just used staker calculator to check how many token i can get if i mine now, its showing around 39.5, so if i use any of the menthods 1 or 2 for staking , will get those STR tokens added to my balance
STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [

dablat

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2018, 05:22:33 PM »

i just used staker calculator to check how many token i can get if i mine now, its showing around 39.5, so if i use any of the menthods 1 or 2 for staking , will get those STR tokens added to my balance

Yes !

This is the principle of the stacking and calculator purpose.

You spend the gwei,a few cents, and have back your STR.

kissmarx

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2018, 11:55:52 PM »

My Staker Token balance gain 61 STR after I have minted successfully today. I based my gas price as per ethgasstation recommended rate. I am very satisfied with the result. Now I just wish our holdings will soon increase in value.  :)

TCF

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2018, 09:54:34 PM »

I was looking for this thread and here are some interesting answers! Does the price of Staker in the exchanges influence the acquisition of PoS only indirectly or reached directly or indirectly?

kissmarx

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2018, 08:07:00 AM »

I tried to mint in MEW today but I think there is a problem because when I send it I click the view transaction and check status it says transaction not found. But I tried to refresh the site of etherscan I see Pending Transaction and saw the transaction details but I did not saw successful. Then I refresh the site again and says the same the first transaction not found. time. I think eth has a problem regarding the change of nodes.
You can also try to use Metamask. i use that when myetherwallet is having a problem. example if the gas price on https://ethgasstation.info/ is 3gwei in standard and transaction still pending you can adjust the increment easily like 3.2gwei if its still not working adjust it to 3.4gwei until the transaction became successfull

I'm not so used about Ethereum and it's wallets, that why I ask this: Is it possible to import my MEW into Metamask? So that I can do the minting of Staker with Metamask.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5